To help women create healthy and confident relationship with money. I've met so many women who secretly squirm with embarrassment and dread about their money, carrying money secrets they are scared of exposing. I've also seen women face their fears and get to grips with money after many years of avoiding it.
I love seeing women blossom and grow. I've got bucket loads of experience, going back years, in social work, teaching, careers guidance and women’s issues and even (dare I say it) feminism. Throughout my career I have worked with women as clients, students and colleagues and when I look back I have been at my best and most fulfilled when I have been making a difference to women.
Strange as it might seem to some of you reading this, I also have a fascination with figures. I love adding them, dividing them and taking them away. This fascination has not only fuelled an interest in finding the best way to manage my money – what I call the technical side – but it has also led me to what I find the most intriguing part of of money, our relationship with it.
My integrity and my own particular beliefs and twists on money.
- I don’t buy in to get rich quick schemes. There is no such thing as a quick fix for money stuff that you have spent years (often unconsciously) learning.
- I don’t offer financial advice or sell financial products.
- Openness, patience, perseverance and mindfulness are all pre requisites for creating a great new way with money.
- Love it or loathe it, ‘Money’ as my mentor Deborah Price says ‘is a core survival issue.’ It is the means by which we get our basic need for food, warmth and shelter met.
- Getting curious about your way with money opens the doors and creates new pathways towards prosperity. Flexing you money curiosity muscles is well worth getting into as part of your overall well being routine.
- Living a rich life isn't only about how much money there is in the bank, it’s about having a life that is rich in all those things that give your life meaning and purpose. Money needs to be given its rightful place, no more and no less.
- Never put off creating your ‘rich’ life until you have more money. Start to create it now.
- Allowing money and its meaning out of the closet and into the open will help end the taboo about money in our world, along with the guilt, shame and secrecy that lurks in the shadows. It’s a lonely place when you think you are the only one. There is power in knowing you are not alone and will be supported.
- Hearing someone say. ‘That’s it! I've had enough! I'm ready to get out of this rut.’ Gives me a real boost because I know this person is ready to do the work they need to do to create a great relationship with money. ‘Yeah baby!’ as my 7 year old niece wrote on the latest drawing she did for me.
Join me on this journey to calmness, confidence and control of your money. Sign up to get updates and great information about ‘the other side of money’ and get free access to my ‘Money Quiz: 8 keys to a healthy and confident way with money’
- you might want to bury your head in the sand or
- run in the opposite direction or
- the thought of clicking through freaks you out.
- if you have reached appoint where you just know you have to do something!